Saturday, March 12, 2016

5. Expressing emotion

Hi, guys!
What a lovely day...♥ It's so much warmed up, isn't it? I'm happy :)
As weather gets better, I feel like my mind is full of love and optimism.
So, today I will show you how to express your emotion in Korean.
If you have difficulty in reading these letters, I would recommend you to check second and third post.

Here are words regarding emotions.

- 사랑 love
 ex) I love you: 사랑해 (sarang hae)
- 기쁨 joy
 ex) I am glad: 기뻐 (gippeo)
- 슬픔 sadness
 ex) I am sad: 슬퍼 (seul peo)
- 화남 anger
 ex) I am angry: 화났어 (hwa nasseo)
- 놀람 surprise
 ex) I am surprised: 놀랐어 (nolat sseo)
- 실망 disappointment
 ex) I am disappointed: 실망이야 (silmang iya)
- 부끄러움 shame
 ex) I am embarassed: 부끄러워 (bukeu reowo)
- 이상 wierd 
 ex) that's wierd: 이상해 (isang hae)

You can use '나는(I am)' in front of the sentences, but Koreans usually skip the subject and be-verb and use them when we want to emphasize the meaning. Also, adding '요(yo)' at the end of the sentences, you can change the expressions to formal ones. For example, 'sarang haeyo' is the formal sentence of 'I love you', which you can use to your parents.

 Talking about emotion, I brought some useful Korean emoticons and abbreviations that you can use on the internet or text message. Be careful not to use to your girlfriend or boyfriend because you can look a little bit insensitive.


- ㅇㅇ : Yes/ OK
  originated from '응(yes)'
- ㅇㅋ : OK
  it's from '오케이'
-  ㅠㅠ: eyes with tears
- ㅎㅎ : smiling - same as :)
- ㅋㅋ: laughing, giggling.
  You can always use this even when you are not laughing. two 'ㅋ' means actually nothing. If you saw a really funny video, and you want to share it with your friends, then just type 'ㅋ' as much as possible. 이거 좀 봐 개웃겨ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ Like this.
- ㄴㄴ: no no
- ㅂㅂ: bye bye
- ㅗ : middle finger
- ;;;;;;; : semi colon is sweating
      you can use this at the end of the sentence to express your uncomfort


I'm glad to show you how Koreans communicate each other. See you next week! 안녕!

No comments:

Post a Comment